Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Art as Inspiration


As a designer, almost anything can inspire me. My children especially have always been inspiration to me. Their simplicity, playful innocence, and natural eye for color are what all designer's strive to achieve in their designs. Take my 3-year old son, Campbell, who in preschool scribbles, splats, sponges, and creates these simple masterpieces of color and shape. Tired of plastering his art on my fridge, I finally concocted a way to display his work on a rotating basis in my studio, and at the same time allowing me to draw inspiration from them daily. I'm currently working on new spacedye colors for Summer '08 and many of his paintings have provided me with the perfect color combinations to experiment with my space-dye technique. One of my favorites is a watercolor dot print in watermelon, lemon, seafoam, and tan color combination which will be great for my Summer knit dresses! Campbell's favorite drawings are ones he calls "rainbows" which are color pencil circular scribbles in every color under the sun - his version of a rainbow. I'm sure one of these will make it on the Fall '08 line too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home