Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Road Trip - St. Johnsbury, Vermont


On the road again...this time its my first trip to Vermont to my husband's quaint hometown, St. Johnsbury. I'm not a fan of being land-locked, but I must say this little town that is somehow stuck in time has charmed my pants off. It sits up on a hill with it's winding roads and New Englandesque Main streets and hosts the best intimate natural science museum, The Fairbanks Museum, and an eclectic library/art gallery, The Antheneum, all a stone's throw away from each other and the local fire station, post office, and town hall. I found some unexpected design inspiration at the Fairbank's Museum's display of live Vermont wildflowers. I've just named one of my new Spring '08 cotton colors, Wildflower (the shade of a Vermont Fireweed flower) - how appropriate! Next, I discovered the block prints of local Vermont artist, Sheri Pearl, who's graphic interpretations of organic flowers will be a sure inspiration for my next 'reverse-print' technique (maybe for next Fall!) So although I was land-locked and without my usual ocean-inspired experience, I must say I was able to score some great unexpected inspiration from this quaint little Vermont town. Just it's lush, natural beauty (everything in a 20 mile radius is green!), and the antiquey architecture (Hollywood should be filming here!) were enough to get my juices flowing again, just in time for designing Fall '08 (already!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home