Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stacia Goes to the Office


Gorilla marketing -- that's what us small designers have to do in tough economic times. You've got to get your name and product out there and do whatever it takes. Thankfully, my good friend Thao had tickets to the Office panel discussion at the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences last week, so with goodie bags and look books in hand, we were ready to hit the stars. Although I'm a Leo, I'm pretty humble as a designer and not one to put my face out there or push product on strangers. But these are hard times and pushy is what I must be! Hey, we even left Stacia look books in the fancy bathrooms too (you never know where you'll find a new customer!)

Usually these poor stars are bombarded with fans requesting something from them - an autograph or a picture. So after the event when everyone stormed the stage to "get some", I demurely handed the ladies of the cast little Stacia goodie bags. They were completely surprised by the gesture. For once, they got something instead of having to give. Jenna Fischer (aka Pam), Kate Flannery (aka Meredith), and Angela Kinsey (aka Angela) were so thrilled to receive their Stacia colorful tops and I was equally thrilled they accepted them! Oh, and I didn't forget about the boys. I also gifted lead actor Steve Carell in the hopes he may pawn his gift onto his glamorous wife. All in all, it was a blast to see the cast of The Office (one of my fave shows) and to share a little Stacia love with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home