Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Final Countdown




Tomorrow is D-Day! A whirlwind day of sprucin' up the boutique's interior. Finally all the handymen, electricians, and woodworkers are gone so I can start putting some inventory out on the floor (and lay down my new, pristine blue Flor rug!) Every thing is pretty much done.

Only two glitches - a Quickbooks nightmare and the Sign installation has been delayed until tomorrow at 7 am - Yikes!! Talk about cutting it close. The sign company ran out of my beautiful Aruba Sunbrella awning fabric and just got more in today, which delayed installation for another day. Luckily they can come tomorrow A.M. to install (which takes about 2 hours) - just under my opening time of 10 am.

Instead of spending most of my day pricing, doing visual display, and inventory, I wasted about 2 hours on the phone with some tech guy in India to try and solve my Quickbooks 2011 problem (trying to get two computers set up and synced to run my bookeeping, but no luck...) Oh well, I'm doomed to do double entry for my bookeeping with two computers running QB and two users (boring tech stuff, I know.)

The good news is we got some ink today! Thank you California Apparel News, Andrew Asch, for the lovely write-up on our store opening tomorrow. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home