Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Behind the Scenes -'Pretty Pointelle' Photoshoot






I liked to call myself "Jack of all trades" here at Stacia - designer, UPS packer/shipper, bookkeeper, stylist, and now photographer. Or maybe I'm just cheap! Yes, I like to do everything myself. This way I have full control (it's the Leo in me!) Just wrapped up another photoshoot with Judy today for Spring II and III groups for 2008. Everything looked fabulous on her as usual and it was great to see my vision come to life finally (sampling has taken over 4 months!) So here's some favorite looks from the 'Pretty' group of rayon pointelle spacedye ultra-feminine tops and dresses. The colors just lend themselves to such girly silhouettes - Lotus, Camilia, Petunia, and Dahlia - all infused with black with touches of pretty pinks, lavenders, and teals. Each style is accented with a delicate pointelle stitch reminiscent of antique lace. I'm lovin' the princess wrap dress with its flirty peplum and fuller skirt (finally the waist is back!) My fave is the sexy vee top with pointelle flared sleeves and it looks smashing with the long skinny scarf - very Parisian! I also brought back an old Stacia staple from my Brooklyn boutique days - the sweethart top with bow belt. It was a huge seller in cotton/rayon (especially in black) and I think it will have a repeat performance in spacedye. Finally, the all-over pointelle cardicoat will be an essential next Spring for the beach (throw over a bikini and go!) Oh, and let me not forget, all these goodies will be coming in solids too. Still waiting on those samples, but I assure you, you'll be wanting these great shapes in Jade, Karma, Black, Tapa, and Calalily too! Stay tuned for more 'behind the scenes.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home