Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Stacia Resort Photoshoot






I just finished my latest photoshoot for the Stacia Resort/pre-Spring line and I must say there's some great looks in this collection. I'm so excited about the line and can't wait for it to be up on the web and on the selling floor. The "eco-spacedye" collection of bamboo tops and dresses is sure to please the fashion-conscious and the eco-conscious consumer. My favorite silhouettes this season are the easy wrap dress (thank you Diane von Furstenberg for keeping the wrap alive), the updated beach tunic (love the braided ties and reverse mother of pearl buttons), and the chic gathered vee. I've also resurrected two of my signature shapes from my Brooklyn boutique days - the va va voom dress (so sexy in a knit!) and the flutter top (sweet, but still sexy with its low back). Last Spring's best-selling style, the crochet yoke top, is back better than ever in new spacedye colors and even cooler in solid bamboo. Although I'm not a fan of the traditional boring cardigan, it is essential to have a 'throw-on' kind of sweater to cover those chilly arms. My take on the cardi has a little more swing in it and would be great to throw on over jeans or a strappy dress on that next getaway. I'm really happy with the colors this season too - a little earthy, but still pops of color for the break of Spring. And for those of you who crave less pattern, I'm finally introducing some solids too with just a touch of spacedye on the trim for fun. All these goodies will be available this December; just in time for your favorite warm escape during the holidays. And thanks to my fabulous friend Judy (who I was lucky enough to discover in Douglas park literally in the sandbox with kids!) for her effortless beauty and making every piece look like it was made for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home