Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Vegas Baby


Just got back from a quick jaunt to Vegas for the Project trade show at the Sands Expo in the Venetian. It was my first time visiting the show even though we've been showing at this gig for several years now. I'm so proud of my look books that I trusted no one but myself to hand carry these puppies to my booth. I haven't been to Vegas since the mid 90's so I was kinda looking forward to a little glitter time in the desert, bright lights and all. I must admit this Project trade show is pretty impressive in size (felt like several football fields of booths.) But what really made me feel like I was in Vegas for sure was the booty dancers strategically placed high above on a platform in the middle of the warehouse space, along with thumping techo trance music. My poor sales reps had to listen to this music for 3 days straight! But I wouldn't expect anything less from Vegas, booty dancers and all. It was actually a blast hanging out in the booth, meeting some of my buyers in person, and to see first-hand what's checking at wholesale. So far so good on the buyer feedback for Stacia Spring/Summer '09. Let's hope Coterie in NYC kicks some butt too!

Besides hanging in the booth, schmoozing with buyers, I was fortunate enough to snag some personals for myself and to see what's hot in the market from other designers. I know it's probably old news for most, but I was excited to discover the fabulous Andrew Lauren "Sex in the City" hoodie in my very own showroom's booth. This cozy cotton hoodie with its oversized rope drawstring and cowl-neck hoodie has already been sold out in stores in white, as it was featured in the movie on Samantha (drats!) But I can't wait to get the even chicer version in dark navy to wear this Fall as my all-around, thrown-on hoodie. The designer, Jennifer Mazur, is a smart cookie too and will be carrying this must-have hoodie in future collections.

Another great find was in my favorite t-shirt maker's line, Sharon Segal. For Spring/Summer '09 she's launching her loungewear line, called Wink. If you're not familiar with Sharon's logo, it's a chic one-eyed Parisian-inspired caricature with cocked hat and red lips. For her Wink line of sleepwear and loungewear, her cute logo gal has a closed eye, a wink of sorts to illustrate sleep - brilliant! Can't wait to get a hold of these comfy lounge pants and tissue-weight tanks for hanging around the house (much more stylish than my current at-home wardrobe!)

In a few weeks, I'll be off to NYC (the first time in 4 years since I've moved!) I'll be checking out my other big trade show, Coterie, at the lovely Javits Center (I still have nightmares about that horrid space!) But I'm excited to meet more of my fabulous stores up close and personal, check out my booth, and hang with my east coast crew to help boost sales for next year. More to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home