Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Bundle Your Baby in Bamboo


Time flies when you have a newborn. For me, baby #3 has flown by even more. But I'm savoring every bit of him and especially enjoying this time breast-feeding my little boy. Third time is a charm when you're a Mom. I've streamlined my baby gadgets and have maintained focus on only the essentials. They've got gadgets for every possible thing now - goofy apron-like cover-ups for breast-feeding, fancy swaddling cloths for sleeping - you name it, it's been invented. But when you're a busy Mom of three and still want to look somewhat put-together, you've got to find multi-use ways for tackling your daily baby's needs.

For me, I've discovered the bamboo Stacia scarves I've been wrapping up in for months now while pregnant have a new use - a convenient cover-up for breast-feeding and perfect for spontaneous swaddling on the go. So not only are my bamboo fringed scarves comforting for Mom to wrap up in, they're also great for cozying up to baby and for demurely covering your bosom when nursing. Either my rectangular fringed scarf (72" x 30") or the new square style with border (38" x 38") will do the trick.

It's become habit for me after 9 months of pregnancy; everyday I pretty much wrap one of my bamboo scarves around my neck to top-off an outfit. And now, without having to take my scarf off, I can go right into feeding position and easily cover up while nursing. And believe me, when you're dining out in a chic restaurant, the last thing you want to do is pull out a boring breast-feeding apron and announce to everyone what you're really doing.

Throwing one end of the fringed scarf over your baby's head and your shoulder does the trick, and your scarf is still in place. The perfect solution without sacrificing style and having to schlep an endless supply of gadgets for baby in your bag. And because bamboo is especially breathable and anti-bacterial, I've gone as far as swaddling my babe in one of my scarves at work. And with a knit you can really get a tight swaddle on your little burrito.

So if you're a new Mom and want to kill two birds with one stone, check out my scrumptious bamboo fringed scarves online at shopstacia.com, available in an array of vibrant spacedye colors, perfect for baby and Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home