Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

From the Sketchpad - Fall 2010




Fall 2010 is in full swing here at Stacia. I know it's weird, Spring has just hit the sales floor and yet I'm wrapping up Fall 2010 which is in showrooms now. Even my head is spinning. The design cycle never ends. Now that Fall 2010 is a wrap, I've just completed sketching Spring 2011! Yikes! But let's get back to Fall, which is most relevant now and what you'll be seeing in stores this July (why stores insist on presenting Fall merchandise in the height of Summer is beyond me!)

Once again, my brilliant 6 year-old son Campbell has come to my rescue. His artwork has always inspired me (see previous posts) and his little water-color creations that come home from kindergarten never cease to trigger endless color combinations for my space-dye palettes. This one in particular (see above) inspired my Fall 2010 bamboo/cotton color "Solstice." I always do well with multi-colored space-dye patterns featuring a base color of black with pops of vibrant colors. They go well with jeans and your everyday black. It's an easy way to wear "color" but still grounded by your basic black.

I love to share my design process with my customers so you all can see it's not some mass-produced churned-out designs, but rather a very personal design process. I can't wait for the Solstice hoodie to hit stores this Summer. I think you're going to love this new color combination and as always, feel completely comfortable and cozy in my scrumptious bamboo/cotton knits. More inspiration to follow...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home