Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Vegas Bound


I'm Vegas bound! Jet setting to the desert just for the day tomorrow to check out my booth at ENKVegas. The three day show started today and is at the Wynn Hotel in the Latour Ballroom - booth 20010.

It's been a few years since I've personally gone to the Vegas show. My road warrior rep, Lori Halio, usually runs the show for me. But, every once in awhile it's fun to make an appearance and pop up in the booth to meet the buyers and media. I'm not a fan of trade shows of any kind (I can't stand the sterile A/C environment and long halls of crowded booths) and I like to leave it up to the 'professionals', my showrooms, to handle that aspect of the biz.

I'll also be going to NYC this September for Coterie, the first time since 2008. Every time I attend one of these shows and hang out in the booth for 8 hours a day, I tend to pick up a few tidbits and some ammunition to use in the next collection. Hearing first hand from the buyers what's checking and what they need for their stores really helps me at the drawing table. Also, in the beginning of a season I tend to throw all my ideas out there, so it's nice to see first hand the buyers' reaction so I can whittle down the collection to a tight group of styles and colors for production.

Wish me luck in Vegas, baby!

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Blogger Miss Cortni said...

have fun in vegas and new york! i'm super jealous! my dream home is in manhattan :)

- missshesaid.blogspot.com <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home