Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Topanga Canyon Here I Come!


This Tuesday is my Fall 2012 Stacia photo shoot. So excited!! I love doing these outdoor shoots in the glory of California's landscape. This season we're shooting at Trippet Ranch in Topanga Canyon, which is also the name of one of my groups in the Collection. When I designed the Collection and experimented with my space-dyed color palettes about 6 months ago, I had envisioned a rustic, bohemian woman wearing my bamboo fabrics with accents of wooden beads, feathers, and flowy silhouettes, all inspired by my trip to Joshua Tree last Spring and my weekend hikes through Santa Ynez Canyon to Tripett Ranch. I've picked the model, the location, and completely style the shoot with my new fave Canyon Lady hats from Yellow 108 (now sold in my store!), and with anticipation I'm hoping my vision comes across loud and clear in the final pictures. Last week I'm doing my weekly grocery shopping and see the cover of Vogue the first time with Taylor Swift and BINGO, my vision comes full circle. I LOVE this cover! It's totally what I'm going for with this upcoming shoot. So weird that both Vogue and I are both on the same wave length! As I'm sure they shot this cover months ago, about the same time my Fall collection was coming into fruition. Hope my pictures are just as inspiring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home