Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

New York, Here I Come






Heading off to NYC tomorrow a.m., my first trip back home to NY since I left in 2004. I can't believe it's been 4 years already! Jeez, time flies when you're having babies and running your own biz. I've been meaning to go back for some time to at least visit my NY showroom and show face at Coterie. It'll also be my first actual trip sans kids! I'm wishing the best for my poor husband stuck with two kids, but luckily Tutu (grandma) is in town to help.

It's been a long time since I schlepped on the NY subways and visited my old hood, Carroll Gardens, where it all started. Stacia New York opened in October 1998 (yes, it's been almost 10 years that I've been in business!) on the desolate Smith Street. I'm anxious to see the changes to the street. I hear the little up n' coming street has already gone commercial with an American Apparel flagship. At least I'll get back to my old inspiration of riding subways and sketching like mad.

Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 16th, is the huge Fashion Coterie trade show at the piers where I'll be debuting my new Spring/Summer '09 collection to buyers and editors. Yippee! Can't wait to see what's checkin' and the overall reaction for a collection that I've been working on since April. And finally, this time around I have a fabulous professional look book to showcase my collection. It was so satisfying to have my vision in print! See above a few of my favorite looks for the upcoming season. I'll keep you posted on what's hot and what drops from the line, and what ultimately will make it on shopstacia.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home