Fashion Flock

A Designer's diary of what's hot in fashion, art, and the California beach lifestyle.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Stacia Takes Manhattan


I haven't been back to NYC since 2008, right around the time the lovely recession began with the Lehman Brother's catastrophe. I usually rely on my East Coast showroom to run the trade show circuits for me and man the booth at Fashion Coterie, the mother of all trade shows. But every once in awhile, I'll hop on a plan and make an appearance at Coterie (usually in September when the weather is much more enjoyable than February's.) I always learn so much by meeting and talking with buyers, new and current customers, to help me tweak the collection for future seasons. After 2008's appearance at Coterie and speaking with one particular buyer, he encouraged me to put copy on my Stacia hangtags promoting the selling points of my sustainable Bamboo yarns. Change is good and a lesson learned on my last trip. I'm due for another visit and heading back East again for Coterie next weekend.

This season I'll be promoting Spring 2012 (scary, right?!) Showcasing my new space-dyed and striped bamboo knits in vibrant Spring colors for next February delivery to stores. I just finished my beach photo shoot last week for the Collection (to be shared with you in another post...) What a great way to jump start Spring with a day-long shoot in Malibu! Coming soon...a collection inspired by California Architecture in a group called Surface featuring rich hued colors named Retro, Lucite, Abstract, and Tribal; another group titled Coastal for the lifestyle we all dream of - Catamaran, Villa, Locust, Seashell, and Abalone - colors that evoke the idealic Coastal living; and finally the quintessential beach group - Beachcomber with seafarer stripes named Gulf, Seaglass, Riptide, Cabana, and Lava.

So if you're a buyer or in the trade, stop by my booth 5040 at the Javits Center on Level 3 in NYC September 18 - 20. If not, stay tuned for pictures of what's to come in stores this February!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home